Feasting on some ground beef with organs has many health benefits. But have you ever thought about where you can find the best ground beef with organ meat? For fast and easy dinner recipes, you need tp try our delicious caveman blend ground beef.
Our caveman ground beef blend is carefully crafted with approximately 80% grass-fed ground beef and 20% ground grass-fed liver and heart, maintaining a 3:1 ratio of liver to heart. Each package contains approximately 3.2 oz of organ meat, making this caveman blend ground beef an ideal introduction to organ meats for those who may not typically enjoy them on their own.
This blend features ground beef with organs, offered in convenient one-pound packs, and provides a versatile option for various dishes such as burgers, chili, tacos, meatloaf, or simply seasoned and browned for a quick and nutritious meal. With varying fat percentages, it tends to be leaner than our traditional ground beef.
Here's a quick recipe we think you will love!
Caveman Blend Meatballs in Tomato Sauce Recipe
For the Meatballs
- 1 pound caveman blend ground beef (beef, liver, and heart mixture)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (or almond flour for a low-carb option)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
For the Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
Prepare the Meatballs
- Combine the caveman blend ground beef, breadcrumbs (or almond flour), grated Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
Form the Meatballs
- Take small portions of the meatball mixture and roll the caveman beef blend into balls about 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter, and then place the formed meatballs on a plate or tray.
Cook the Meatballs
- Heat only 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once this olive oil is hot, add the caveman ground beef meatballs in batches so you do not overcrowd the pan. Cook the meatballs for about 3-4 minutes per side or until they are browned and cooked through. Then, please remove the cooked meatballs from the skillet and set them aside.
Prepare the Tomato Sauce
- Add a second tablespoon of olive oil (if needed) in the same skillet used for cooking the meatballs. Add those chopped onions and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
Simmer the Tomato Sauce
- Add crushed tomatoes to the skillet with onions and garlic—season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and bring the tomato sauce to a simmer. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, allowing the yummy flavors to come together while the sauce thickens slightly.
Finish Cooking the Meatballs
- Once the sauce has simmered and thickened, return the cooked meatballs to the skillet, nestling them into the sauce. Spoon some of the sauce over the meatballs to coat them.
Serve a Fast and Easy Dinner Recipe
- Serve the caveman blend ground beef meatballs in tomato sauce hot, garnished with chopped fresh basil or parsley if desired. You can serve these organ meatballs individually as an appetizer, over cooked pasta or zucchini noodles for a main course, or alongside crusty bread for a hearty meal.
Adjust seasoning according to your taste preferences, and customize the recipe with additional herbs or spices!